by Daniel Goleman via LinkedIn
- People assume academic abilities should predict how well you do in life. But they don’t.
- ‘Grit’ is an attitude students with high grades share; plug away in the face of failure
- Those children with best Cognitive Control had the greatest financial success in their 30s
- Cognitive Control is the ability to delay gratification in pursuit of a goal
- What sets star performers apart? Self-awareness, self-management, empathy, and social effectiveness–EQ
- The higher up the ladder the more EQ matters; EQ more than expertise/intelligence makes you successful